This week we look at the basics of the bench press.
Especially good if you are a beginner, the video above gives you a quick visual guide on the important points of the bench press to make sure your form is correct and you are getting the most out of every rep.
Important points are –
- feet flat on the floor
- knees at 90 degrees
- shoulders back and down
- when laying down, shoulders and hips on the bench and a small arch in the back
- eyes are directly under the bar
- grip just outside shoulder width
- lower the bar to your nipple line
- tempo at 2 secs down, 2 secs up
- forearms are vertical during the lift
Keep your rep range at 1 short of failure(if your set is 12 reps, you can complete 12 but not 13) to maximise your gains, be it for strength, growth or endurance.
Happy lifting team!!!