Key points about protein
- Protein is the building block for lean muscle in the body
- Protein is not stored in the body like Carbs, so it needs to be replaced in the body regularly
- Protein keeps you fuller for longer reducing cravings for snack items
What protein is good for us?
- Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, lamb, beef, veal, pork
- many types of fish and seafood
- dairy products such as yogurt, low fat milk, cottage cheese and egg whites
- protein supplements can be helpful
Non – animal protein sources
In a nutshell – As mentioned earlier, protein that is not used is not stored anywhere in the body, any excess is disposed of as waste, so protein can be used to fill the gap created by consuming less carbs to achieve fat loss without the fear of carrying that extra body fat provided it is a clean and lean source of protein(if you consume too much protein however, you will know, because you may find yourself on the toilet)
Protein supplements are ideal post workout to help repair muscle tissue immediately after a training session.
My personal recommendation is that protein makes up 35-45% of your daily calorie intake for fat loss, as this means the majority of calories consumed will not store on your body
And peanut butter. Eat peanut butter. Incase you missed the encouragement, eat peanut butter. YUM.
Happy training team!!